We’re back with another Foo Phar blog- (we love writing these, we sort of feel like Carrie Bradshaw sharing our words of wisdom, just with much different topics of course! We are also not wearing Gucci. Someday, though).
So, a couple of weeks ago we posted on Facebook about Pestle & Mortar Superstar Oil. We had a huge reach on the post and a few of you sent us private mails asking exactly what it was, so we thought- why not exercise our inner Carrie persona and write a post dedicated to it?
Firstly, some need-to-knows about Pestle & Mortar:
- Pestle & Mortar is an Irish company that creates the most fabulous, simple, and effective products.
- They first brought out their Pure Hyaluronic Serum just over two years ago, and since then the brand has gone from strength to strength winning national and international awards. Just over a month ago the serum sold out in 7 minutes on QVC in the US!
- They have a total of 6 products in their range – Hyaluronic Serum, Hydrate Moisturiser, Superstar Oi, Erase Make up remover balm, Renew Lightweight Gel Cleanser, and Erase & Renew 100% cotton cleansing cloths.
- Sonia Deasy, the creator and founder, is a mum of five – yes five – and looks amazing (if she isn’t the best advertisement for her own products we don’t know what is).
- The range was created with the help of Sonia’s sister, a biochemist, therefore the range contains only the highest-quality and effective ingredients.
- Sonia’s husband Padraic is an internationally renowned photographer, and it only takes one quick glance at their social media feeds to see why.
Superstar Oil is a luxurious retinol night oil made in Ireland. The oil is blended with a base of cold-pressed grape seed oil which your skin loves! Superstar promises (and backs it up) to reduce pore-size, tightening the skin while improving skin elasticity. Other oils present in Superstar are: cold-pressed, organic rosehip oil, carrot oil, and sunflower oil- all of which are excellent ant-ageing oils. Steam-distilled black cumin seed oil, pomegranate oil and jojoba oil will fend off free radicals keeping skin ageing at bay, resulting in a smooth revitalised complexion (we can vouch for this – read our Facebook review about when we fell back in love with it!).
Another great thing to note about Superstar is that it is 100% free of animal derived raw materials and organic solvent remnants, paraben free, propylene glycol free, fragrance free and not tested on animals. It is also formulated to suit all skin types.
While many Retinol oils can cause irritation and flaking, Superstar has been formulated to be more gentle on the skin (while still be just as effective). This was a big plus for us, as we have used retinol in the past and while results were great over time, it’s hard to look past the irritation and flaky skin- both of which we didn’t experience with Superstar!
You apply one pump to the face at night, apply by gently massaging in to the skin and neck. This is just to be used at night, and washed off the following morning as sun exposure to retinol can weaken skin defences.
So, there you have it, our round-up of exactly what Superstar is and why (in our opinion) you need it in your skincare regime! Still unsure? Drop us a line, or call in to either store and try it out for yourself! The bottle costs €76 & is available online and both stores.
Contact us if you have any questions at all,
Team Foo Phar x